Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a 1/2 day to a Jira SLA calendar?

Steve G January 15, 2022

Dear all,

* We run Jira Service Management 4.20.1

* I recently updated the SLA calendar on our IT Helpdesk project, using a government annually piblished ical with public holidays for 2022

* I then manually add the days on top of the public holidays in the ical, that we are closed for the year

* We are usually given a 1/2 day on the last business day before Christmas

* I don't see in Jira a means to add anything other than full day holidays to the calendar

Jira add hol.PNG

* Could someone direct me how to add a 1/2 day to the calendar please?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

Hi @Steve G 

We don't have a way to add the 1/2 day in calendar. 

It's either working  hours based on you calendar or holiday.

To set half day change the calendar at the time when 1/2 day working hours comes.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/create-and-edit-sla-calendars-976770869.html

Thanks,

Pramodh

Steve G January 15, 2022

Hi Pramodh,

Thanks for the workaround in your super quick answer.

Is there possibly a way to request to the boundless technical might within Atlassian, an enhancement so Jira is able to add 1/2 day holidays to the SLA calendar.

Best regards,

Steve G

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

Hi @Steve G 

I will search of any existing tickets are there for this request, if no we would need raise one with Atlassian.

For now if it's a holiday it's full day holiday 😜

Sonja_Willemse November 17, 2023

Hi! If I do this 'To set half day change the calendar at the time when 1/2 day working hours comes.' as suggested above, won't it recalculate historical SLAs? And when I change the work hours back to a full day (on the next working day), won't it recalculate the SLAs in any case?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events