How to add Sub Status to DONE Status

Gowtam Kumar Kakani December 12, 2022

Hi All,

I want to add below Sub Status to DONE status for one of my JIRA project.

Deployed, Cancelled  & Duplicate 

If I move the ticket to DONE status I want to mention one of the above reason for more clarity.

Can anyone please help me on this ASAP.

I have ADMINISTRATION access for the above mentioned JIRA project.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Gowtam Kumar Kakani , Jira has a built-in concept for this using the  Resolution. However, this is only available on CMP projects, not TMP. The other option you have is to add a custom field that has a drop-down value.

Thanks for the quick response.  Can I change the Project from TMP to CMP.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

You cannot change it but you can migrate from one to the other. Here is a reference - migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Also, given some of the potential pitfalls of this migration, I would recommend perusing a number of posts in the community on the migration between the two. There are some good lessons learned and feedback that may assist you in these posts.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Hi @Gowtam Kumar Kakani welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First of all, are you in a company-managed project or a team-managed project?

In the transition to the 'DONE' status, add a transition screen (that you create first) that includes the 'Resolution' field and remove the post function from the transition if it sets a resolution by default.

Hi Dave I am in Team-Managed Project.  I will try the above steps.  Thanks 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events