Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate Jira Asset Management with Azure AD for Automated Asset Tracking?

srathnayake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to integrate Jira Asset Management with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to streamline and automate our asset tracking processes. Our goal is to have user information and asset details automatically synchronized between Jira and Azure AD.

Has anyone successfully set up this integration before? If so, could you provide a step-by-step guide or point me to relevant resources? Specifically, I am looking for:

1. Prerequisites for the integration.
  2. Detailed steps to configure Jira Asset Management to connect with Azure AD.
  3. Any required plugins or additional tools.
  4. Common issues and troubleshooting tips.
  5. Best practices for maintaining the integration.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2024

HI @srathnayake - OnLink supports this usecase. Documentation Link. Marketplace Link. We have customers using the app to sync Azure AD data with Assets.
Disclosure: I'm part of Onward who built OnLink.

0 votes
Kevin Patterson July 16, 2024

Hi @srathnayake ,

One of my smaller clients is using Atlassian's JSM Assets - Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) Beta Integration marketplace app for their Entra ID data (formerly Azure AD). It isn't perfect as there are some bugs, but configuration isn't too difficult. I'd recommend starting here to see if it meets your needs before developing something on your own, here is a link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1232506/jsm-assets-microsoft-entra-id-azure-ad-beta-integration?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events