Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export workflow from one instance to Import into another Instance

Sreenadh December 15, 2022

Hi,

In JSM How to Export workflow from one instance to Import into another Instance.

is this possible in Jira if yes please help me out how to do the same.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Sreenadh 

FYI: only site admins can export workflows from Jira

To export & import workflows, refer import-and-export-issue-workflows 

Sreenadh December 15, 2022

Hi @Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_ 

Thanks for your response.

i too have the site admin access in jira but i am not able to do the import process.

i have exported my workflow into my local machine i want to import that one into another instance.

1.PNG2.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

What does "not able to do the import process" look like?  Your screenshot is of a workflow edit screen, nothing to do with import.  What is stopping you importing as per the doc @Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_  pointed to?

Sreenadh December 16, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

My Question is i want to Import this Workflow into another Instance.

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Yes, you already said that.

Could you explain where you are stuck?  What is going wrong when you follow the steps in the doc you've been pointed to?

My question is related to how to Import the workflow into another instance.

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2022

Yes, you already said that, twice before.

Please could you answer my question?

Ok. Here my question is for example i am having two Instances

Instance A and Instance B

By using the Workflow edit screen i have downloaded workflow to my local machine from Instance A.

I want to import the workflow to Instance B which i have downloaded from Instance A.

Here i am not able to see how to import the workflow into Instance B and i too have the Site admin access as well.

Hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks,

Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2022

@Sreenadh 

Kindly follow the KB article provide earlier, scroll down and first upload your workflow to marketplace, then you would be able to import the workflow. The details are captured in the article. 

Let us know specifics of issues you are facing in the process if any.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events