How to Combine Jira Service Management with Jira Software

jberkson May 24, 2021

Hi Jira world!

My team and I are using both Jira Service Management for internal company requests (ex: Can you create a report?) and Jira Software for internal projects.

Is there any way to combine the two? We really enjoy Jira software projects for features such as sprints but also need a method for back-and-forth communication between us and our end users.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jake

Fellow Atlassian Admin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

@jberkson 

We have Jira Service Management and Jira Software and this is how we utilize them.

Jira Service Management handles all requests.  Everything we work on comes through the service desk.  We use the service desk to communicate with external clients and customers.  We also use it to communicate with certain areas within our organization.  When a request comes in that becomes escalated, a project, or additional work in Jira Software we link the request with that work. We then have automations in place to provide updates on the service desk issue based on the status of the linked issue in Jira Software.

Jira Software handles all of our technical, project, and functional work.  We have these teams in the product and they use it to move work forward and organize work into releases, sprints, etc.  They follow set processes that help keep the Jira Service Management tickets updated as the work/project progresses.  These processes are tied to the workflows and automations to ensure that the information is updated on the issue.

Krystal Thompson May 28, 2021

@jberkson We follow the same from above at my organization. Question that I have is what is the best way to report on this? Does your organization use service desk as the source of truth @Brant Schroeder  

Like jberkson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events