Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the list of approvers that depends on a custom field

Cesar Huaman November 6, 2019

I think i can capture this with an example:

When a client requests an issue , fills the form with information that its relevant to certain approvers and sends it.
what determines who is going to approve the issue is the location where the issue is registered or wants it to be reviewed. 

Example.

When the client fills the information in the form, this person needs to specify in a custom field (Selection List) the location that its going to review this issue.

Florida / Los Angeles / California. (Options)

And that is going to determine if "Florida Managers" or "Los Angeles Managers" or "California Managers" are going to be the approvers for this issue.

So far ive just seen that i can only select 1 (group/User Selector) of the "Managers" on the state that needs to be approved. 

That been said, if the information is supposed to be approved by the "California Managers", the other 2 are not allowed to approve it and they dont need to be notified.

if someone has a way to work this around it would be really helpfull.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Cesar,

With delivered product there is not a way to have a dynamic form.  You can create multiple custom user pickers that you populate and then place them in the workflow to notify the approvers on transition based on the selection of the Florida, etc.  Everyone on the list would be notified.  I know that there are marketplace apps that allow you to create dynamic forms and you might be able to complete it with that https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-custom-fields-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events