Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Assign Default Create and Edit screen to each new project

Ghazanfar Ali February 9, 2021

Really appreciate if someone could guide how i can associate default create and edit screen to every newly created project. Currently whenever my colleague create a new project automatically 2 new screens associated to that project so by this approach we have above 7K screens at the moment.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hello,

You can use "share same configuration" button for this.

Selection_519.png

Does this help?

Regards,

Elifcan

Ghazanfar Ali February 9, 2021

Thanks Elifcan, we do have this option but Project Manager are not using this option so how we can enforce this option? Is there any other automatic way to associate/share default settings to newly created project even if Project Managers not select this check box?

Really appreciate your prompt response!

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hello

No, I don't think that you can enforce this. However, creating project permission is limited to Jira admins. If all of your project managers are Jira admins, I think that's where you are doing something wrong. You need to limit this role to only people who should be administrating Jira instance. That way you limit project creation to certain people and it's way easier to convince 1 or 2 people to use this option when creating the projects.

Regards,

Elifcan

Like Fazila Ashraf likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders