Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How manage multiple projects

Annapurna Boggarapu June 12, 2021

We have project Master Project which has stories and 3 different projects (Project1, Project2, Project3) are delivering these stories by their own Epic/story by linking to the Master Project Story. So I am trying to have dashboard showing all these Master Project Story status/progress with the actual 3 projects Epics/Stories status. Can you please provide some suggestion. Also help me on the  filter which will give the all Project1, Project2, Project3 Epic/Story status.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

Run a search for the issues you are interested in, save it as a filter and then use that filter as the inputs into dashboard gadgets that you prefer for reporting (most of them will expose the issue status to you one way or another)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

Hi @Annapurna Boggarapu , welcome to the community. This is a fairly open question That is difficult to answer completely. However I can give you some basic constructs to get you started and then you can start playing with it and when you have more specific questions come back and search the community for answers. There are a lot of posts in and around how are you construct reports and dashboards covering multiple projects.

I would recommend that you use the advanced search function in Jira. To do this click on the search bar at the top and then advanced search. From there you can either use basic search or advanced JQL search. Below I will give you an example of an advance JQL.

project in (proj1, proj2, proj3)

after replacing the PROJ1/2/3 with your actual project keys then you will be presented with the results of all issues in those projects regardless of status, issuetype‘s etc. Now you may want to adjust this JQL a bit to get what you’re looking for. For example you might not want the resolved issues or you might want certain issue types. I’m building a dashboard it is likely that you were going to want multiple variations of filters to display various relation in the gadgets that are provided. As well you may want to construct a single Kanban or scrum board and you can use the same JQL method to accomplish that.

Again this is just a brief start to get you moving in the right direction. If you have some very specific questions about what you’re trying to achieve or where you’re stuck please let me know.

Annapurna Boggarapu June 14, 2021

Thanks @Jack Brickey and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I have tried with project in (proj1, proj2, proj3) ORDER BY Rank ASC, i didnt get expected output. Below is the exact problem.

Example Scenario

Master Epic (MAS-001) created and has story (Proj1-003) linked with is delivered by

Master Epic (MAS-002) created and has stories (Proj1-007) and (Proj2-009) linked with is delivered by)

Master Epic (MAS-003) created and has stories (Proj1-005), (Proj2-003) and (Proj3-002) linked with is delivered by

Requirement:

How to get dashboard/single view to track and monitor these Epics and linked Stories.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

It is difficult for me to suggest a solution without understanding how you’re wanting this data to be presented. For example if you just wanna see a list of issues then you could use the filter results gadget on the dashboard and include the epic link column which would show which epic story is associated with.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events