Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How make custom field visible and clickable on customer portal ?

Emilia KASPRZYK June 10, 2024

Hi,

I would like to have additional custom filed in issue visible and clickable on customer portal.

I would like to use it for some Automatisations.

Is that possible?

3 answers

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Emilia KASPRZYK

About which view are you asking? Request form, request details view or My requests?

Request form:

Under project settings, you have to go to the Request types, select Request form and edit it. Using drag and drop, you can easily add custom field to the form. It will be editable by customers.

Atlassian documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/

Request details view:

On this view, your customer sees values from fields which are added and filled on the request form. If you want to present values from fields which are added to the issue view but not to the request type, you have to use the app for it. For example, Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management developed by my team.

My requests:

By default, you can't add any custom fields to this view as a new column. A list of supported fields is very limited. To present values from custom fields in this view, you have to use the app from the Atlassian Marketplace.

Can you describe more about your use case in automation? It will help us to understand what exactly you want to achieve and how we can support you :)

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Emilia KASPRZYK , thanks for your question.

It is possible but you need an app. I have used both

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219230/advanced-portal-reports-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

I would encourage you to install one and evaluate if one is able to meet your needs. In terms of customising the portal without an app, I don't there is much you can do, apart from change the colour, etc. I am happy to be wrong though if someone has another idea.

Cheers

0 votes
Leo Prakash_CodeForMe_ June 10, 2024

Hi @Emilia KASPRZYK

If you are looking to extend the portal with additional fields(read-only) for your customer. you can try out our free app: Extended JSM Portal - FREE | Atlassian Marketplace

We would love to hear your feedback

Regards,

Leo

CodeForMe

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS