Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for project permissions changes to propagate?

Tim Holme September 27, 2022

I just added a user to a project, but he cannot see the data on the dashboard I made. How long does it take the new permission to update and become effective?

3 answers

2 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Tim Holme ,

Only project permissions will not suffice to see the data in the Dashboard.

User should be able to see data in the filters used in the dashboard. i.e. Filter should also be shared with user. 
If user is not able to see any particular ticket, check the permission helper to know if user has the access or not. 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

None. Well, microseconds, not that we humans will be able to tell.

Jira does not cache permissions, it always reads from the database.  So I suspect you might have got the permission wrong or granted it to a different account than you thought you had.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

@Tim Holme -

I agreed with both @Rilwan Ahmed and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- stated.  Dashboard access also involve with the gadgets used in the dashboard.  If the gadgets uses filters to pull data content, then the filters must also be shared with the users.

Keep in mind that when one creates dashboard and saved filter queries, it is always private (not shared) by default.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events