Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does your marketing team use Jira?

Umme Hanee Dawood August 17, 2022

In our company out marketing team is not on Jira. We are looking to add them on however they are using Monday.com  currently and want to switch them over.

We have seen how Monday.com works and I know that these functions that are being used is available on Jira.

Please assist with ideas on how I can go about designing the Jira system for them. 

Will gladly appreciate feedback.

3 answers

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Umme Hanee Dawood , 

welcome to the community! 

Jira can be configured in so many ways, as can Monday. 
I would start with exporting your Monday lines and see what you get in the Excel file. 

You should then start making sure you can map everything in Jira (create the necessary statusses, fields with values,..). 

Try importing the CSV from the excel as is, you can make other configuration changes that you want in Jira after the import. 

There are also apps to help you with migration if needed like this one. (however I haven't tried it yet).

Hope this helps! 

If you have more questions, please let me know! 

- Tessa

0 votes
helen obrien October 14, 2022

Hi! I'm a marketer and I started using Jira SM to send mass email campaigns from recent. I can easily do it with the help of the Proactive Campaigns app.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Hi @helen obrien That app is new with 0 installs, so it sounds like you must be with the team at Growthdot. Can you check out the Community guidelines for vendors and update your display name?  

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2022

Hi, @Umme Hanee Dawood !

I`m product Marketer from SaaSJet.  We use Jira for all marketing processes. It has a lot of native functionality, that helps to build processes, but we use some plug-ins to empower it.

• For repetitive tasks and reports, we use Recurring Checklists and Report add-on. It helps to automate our routine work as a weekly, or monthly report, checking the article before publishing, email campaigns, etc. Before that, we have been using Google Shits. But sometimes we forget to fill some checklists or check important points, so plug-in helps a lot with this
    image.png
  • If we need to get approval from our team lead or another department, we use Business Process Maanger add-on. It works as a complex tool for maintaining business processes in whole company, not only in the marketing department. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events