How do you monitor JSM queue and compile reports?

Amen Teng July 6, 2021

Hi everyone, I am Amen Teng. I am working on a project to build a dashboard analytics app for the team that is running customer support using JSM. I would like to gather your opinion about the dashboard and reporting.

1. What are the tools you are using to monitor the queue /  compiling report? (for eg. Jira built-in dashboard / report feature, EazyBI or 3rd party services like tableau)

2. What are the top limitations you have encountered with these tools?

3. What are some of the important metrics/reports you wish you could get with ease?

Your response will be very much appreciated.

3 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Personally my needs are very simplistic I think. I watch my weekly SLA to observe SLA adherence. I also watch my “triage“ queue which is meant to always be at zero. With my external customer JSM projects the team will again watch the various SLAs per customer to ensure that they are meeting committed to SLAs. Honestly in my case I believe that the out-of-the-box capabilities are sufficient or at least I can make them work for my needs.

Like # people like this
Iñigo Gonzalez
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2021

Hello @Amen Teng

We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira, which allows you to create dashboards. We have some templates and one of them is called ITSM dashboard. In that template you can easily create a dashboard to track the JSM project you want with the SLA you need.

Here you have an example of an ITSM dashboard we have https://bit.ly/ITSM_dashboard.

If you need so, you can add more gadgets to the dashboard and for some visualisations you can use our JQL custom charts gadget, that based in a JQL it can show you tables with data or charts.

Regards

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Amen Teng ,

While I can't share an unbiased experience or opinion on JSM reporting, I can share links to the eazyBI Demo accounts. There you can observe the capabilities of the app and use the very same reports in your JSM.

JSM Demo account - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1001/dashboards/8347-sla-overview;

Core/Software Demo account - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/14871-chart-types.

I hope you'll find what you are looking for.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Like Amen Teng likes this
Amen Teng July 8, 2021

Thanks @Roberts Čāčus , 

What a great product you have there. I have it installed already and had fun with it.

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

I am happy to hear that!

Drop us a line at our support email below if you have any questions or suggestions.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events