Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you manage forms/Requests Where you want to choose whether to close right away?

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2024

Hi all,

Basically we want a user to be provided a request type on the portal with the form, in the form they can either submit/close it right away, or just save the form and have it left open for changes after until they are ready to submit it properly.

But I find I can only have one or the other? This kind of confuses my users because most of our forms you do just submit and close straight away (like an incident or service request).

So they think this is the same, and then not realize they never actually sent off the form because its not closed.

Anyway to be able to make this a clear choice?

I've got around this so far by leaving the form open on submit, and have a checkbox on the form for the user to tick to close on the first instance that runs an automation.

This automation will close the form for you. This works! BUT because the automation takes a few seconds, the user doesn't realize its closed because the page hasn't refreshed, so some run to the bottom and try to submit again and get an Error trying to submit because in the backend the automation has already submitted it.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2024

Hi @Calvin

Have you tried the "form submitted" trigger instead?  No need to have a checkbox. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-triggers/

You can select the specific form and once it's submitted you transition the ticket. You can see it in action here in the demo section: https://youtu.be/lvgLWUc5f2U?si=OsCYV3E3AexGx-Ka

Fabian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events