Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you make a field required on the backend?

Hi,

I have made a field required on the front end for customers, however I would also like to make this field required on the backend for internal users? Is this functionality possible, if so, how can I action this?

Thanks,

Perri

2 answers

1 vote
Jacob Vu Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

Hi @Perri Strachan

This can be done via the field context settings. Take a look in your project's settings and it should be there. It'll allow you to configure fields and determine whether or not they're required.

Jacob

It is set to required but it is still not shown as required internally, as previously explained.Screenshot 2021-12-15 104004.png

Hi @Perri Strachan ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Could you please clarify in details what do you mean front end and backend in context to fields? Are you trying to create custom fields?

Hi @Suvradip Paul 

On our service desk we have the require field 'Due date' as shown in the screenshot below on the request form on the front end which is where customers log tickets.Screenshot 2021-12-14 162925.png

However on the request form on the internal view of the service desk, where internal users can also log tickets, this field is not required, as shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2021-12-14 163122.png

This is a custom field, however I want it to be configured so it is required on both the front and back end.

Thanks,

Perri

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,460 views 20 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you