Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you have categories in a form created issue, that can't be edited in the form

juri barkow April 18, 2023

I have a form I want a costumer to fill out, which then creates an issue. However to continue afterwards I need to set a new status for the issue. This status should not be accessible to the costumer filling out the form. Is there a way I can reach that and still use the status for new automation afterwards.

1 answer

2 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Hi @juri barkow welcome!  I'm not 100% clear on what you are trying to do.  If you have an example, it would help a lot.  If you need to change the status of the issue after the issue has been created, yes you can do that with an automation.

Is this the scenario? Customer creates issue, saves issue. Issue has 'Waiting for Support' status by default. Created automation is set to run when issue is created to change the status automatically after creation to 'NewStatus'.  

That should work.

juri barkow April 18, 2023

Thank you for your answer, ill try and explain it a bit more in-dept.

The costumer is supposed to answer some questions in the form and attach a document. The issue that stems from the form is then manually reviewed and evaluated. I would then like a a drop down that you can only access in the issue for the evaluation, so I can then send automatic emails depending on the evaluation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events