Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you display customer related issues in the issue detail view?

Sal June 24, 2024

Hey there

Hope you can help me with this one.

Situation

We have the problem, that whenever our engineers are working on a customer project (migration, new infrastructure etc...) the customers sometimes contacts our helpdesk. On the one hand, as we're in a project phase, not all documentation has been updated or information passed to helpdesk. On the other hand helpdesk tries to help or forgets that we do have a project for this customer. Result = Bad customer service and one hand which doesn't know what the other does. 

Where you guys can help

How do you solve this? I'm imagining seeing customer related issues in the issue detail pane so whenever a customer contacts our helpdesk they see immediately that we do have a running project for that particular customer. Similar to the image below.

image.png

Cheers!

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2024

Hi @Sal (and sorry if I've tagged the wrong "Sal")

I can think of a few ideas that might help:

1. Similar requests

First, try turning on the "Similar requests" feature to see if it brings in the related issues you're looking for. 

similar.png

Enable this feature from Project settings > Features.

similar2.png

2. Linked issues

Next, how about using the built-in "issue linking" feature to link issues in other projects? In the example, I have a Jira project that has one issue for each major company initiative. Then, any work done in support of that effort is linked, regardless of where in Jira that work occurs.

You can also leverage a custom link type if you need to separate this link relationship form others. Users can manually link related issues and you can also automatically link issues with Jira's built-in automation.

linked.png

3. Custom development

Finally, if neither of those ideas help, you can develop a custom solution using Atlassian's development framework. That's the only way know of to get any data into the right sidebar you highlighted in your screenshot. 

Visit https://developer.atlassian.com for details.

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Sal July 1, 2024

Hey @Rachel Wright . Thank you very much. The "similar issues" does not always show relevant information. As for the second option I fear that it is not done all the time or clutters the view. I think we'll test some marketplace add-in: Show Related Issues | Atlassian Marketplace

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events