How do you connect your customer meetings to JSM?

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2022

Hi! I'm Jaime Capitel and I'm part of the marketing team at resolution, a Gold Marketplace Partner.

I'm currently involved in a project to better understand how Jira Service Management is used to drive customer conversations. Specifically, I’m looking at what video tools are used, and how they are pulled into the workflow.

The problem: video meetings are black boxes

Almost every customer meeting happens on video these days, but there’s no official way to connect those meetings to Jira Service Management tickets. Very often questions and requests for support start in a chat, email, or the customer portal. But the real intensive interaction happens in a video meeting.

In our experience, a lot of knowledge is lost for both the customer and the company when a video meeting happens. Decisions are made, solutions are found of which there is no trace in JSM.

How do you connect the dots?

I would be interested to know what’s the experience in the community around these questions:

• What tool do you use for your meetings with customers?

• Is there a single mandated tool or do you have a share of the company using different solutions?

• How do you keep track of what happens at those meetings? Do you record them, make transcripts, take notes... or just work by memory?

• If you record meetings, is it difficult to obtain customer consent? Do you share the recordings with customers?

• Have you looked into tight integrations between the tools that you’re using and Jira Service Management? For example, some Zoom users are starting to look at our Zoom Jira Plugin to share meeting recordings in the customer portal. Some others are using Loom or similar.

For full disclosure, this information will be used internally at resolution to help us understand whether a better solution to this problem can be productized and brought to the marketplace.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events