• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do we forward emails in the Jira service desk to an email outside of the JSD?

Hi!

In our company, there are employees that don't have access to the Jira service desk, but, occasionally, we have to share customer emails with them when it pertains to their work.

Is there a way to forward Jira emails/tickets to parties outside the service desk? Can we forward all the attachments and email responses too?

I hope my query makes sense. I can provide more information, if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

Hi @Fatima Abou-Eid 

Welcome to Atlassian Community

JIRA can create email notifications for various events that happen throughout the life cycle of an issue, including custom events. To setup, an email notification, check out the notification scheme documentation.

You may link any type of event to send an email to a Single Email Address, or a User Custom Field 

Single Email address allows to always send an email to a static email address for each request

User Custom Field allows to share an email with a chosen user (chosen by the agent or chosen by automation) that may vary from request to request

For sharing attachments, to my experience that wouldn't be possible unless user has application access to Jira (Agent or Software user) or the issue is be publicly accessible (can be viewed without login)

Bare in mind that a Single Email Address notification will only be sent if the issue is publicly viewable (as the email address of a non-Jira user could be specified, in which case a security check is not possible). Publicly viewable issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone' (any non-logged-in users). The text template is used for notifications to a single email address.

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Aug 14, 2020

I recommend you use Automation in conjunction with some label or custom field that could be leveraged in the automation to identify who would get the email. Give it a try and let me know if you get stuck.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you