Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we do automatic schedule conflict detection in Change Management?

Andrew K August 9, 2020

In modern ITSM practices when we are trying to automate as much as possible, we would like to automate our change schedule calendar (at least conflict handling) properly and smartly. 

We have gone full Atlassian in implementing our ITSM suite (Jira, JSD, Confluence, Insight, etc) but I am unsure on how we can implement Calendar integration properly with our change management policies.

In our policy, we will have:

1. Block-out dates where no change is allowed unless it's approved by upper management
  2. Changes on the same CI occurring at the same time (conflict resolution / acceptance) - prompt for reschedule or accept with comment 
  3. Changes on CI that are interrelated to each other occurring at the same time (conflict resolution/ acceptance). 

Maybe automated conflict resolution is not feasible, and there needs some manual intervention (i.e. risk acceptance of conflict, manual rescheduling, etc) - but it would be good if we can somehow prompt this through a good workflow. 

Currently all changes will go through a Change Management workflow according to ITIL change types via JSD (customer portal). 

We will also have a weekly CAB meeting with the change calendar and change listing (potentially in Confluence - integrated with JSD). 

I was wondering if anyone can suggest potential add-ons and/or change management change calendar implementation using Atlassian products that works well. 

Thanks,

Andrew.

2 answers

0 votes
Rodney Alfafara March 23, 2022

We also need the ability to detect Change collisions. Since the Change Calendar only provides scheduled changes, does anyone perform automation or use Marketplace apps?

0 votes
Nazir Kabani July 28, 2021

This is not there? wow, it's basic requirement. We are implementing Jira ITSM and few weeks back i have started with service management and now planning to start change management from Friday, disappointed to see change conflict detention is not there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events