Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do my customers get automatic updates about issues?

Sandra Kamphuis December 11, 2019

When I create a new ticket(bug) and I define the customer, the customer does not recieve any email. The customer is in no way informed. What do I do wrong?

We defined organizations and subsequently customers for that organization.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

@Sandra Kamphuis ,

I suspect you are creating an issue for your customer using the “+” in the sidebar and then changing the reporters to be the customer. If so then you must also set the Customer Request Type. A better way to open issues on behalf of the customer is to use the raise request in the sidebar which takes you to a modal that represents the portal and you can select the customer from the “on behalf of” drop down. 

Hi Jack,

Thanks. We indeed use the "+" in the sidebar. We will use the proper way from now on.

0 votes
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Can you please clarify how you "define the customer" the customer ? 

Dose the customer only see their issues, or can it see the issues from other clients ?  

If the customer only see their issues, you cna change the notification schema to notify the customer role when an issue is created. 

Organizations see their own issues and they can't see any other issues. The customers within a organizations can see all issues for that organization.

0 votes
Jean Schmücker December 11, 2019

the easy fix would be tagging the person who needs to look at what you have created. 

I dont knwo if you already did that ? 

Hope that helps just a little bit.

KR

/JS

Hi, unfortunately that will not work, because you can't tag external clients.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events