Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i edit our Workflow?

Rafael Franco February 3, 2021

When I try to edit our i see the message: you can't edit the workflow draft.
This message it it becuause i don't have the correct permission?

Thanks! 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Franco February 3, 2021

Hi Joseph, thank you for your fast answer!

I have more doubts. 

When I see the published workflow in my projetc I can edit it, but the draft I can't.

If I change the real worflow, will it published in real time? And if it will have any erros, Can I return to old versions?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Don't quite understand what you mean by "draft I can't" - Are you stating that you cannot edit the WF in draft mode?

When you edit an existing WF, it is always go into draft mode.  Once you complete your edit, then you will click on "Publish" to publish the changes live.

During the publishing process, you should be prompted if you want to save a copy of your original WF in the UI.  If you "saved" a copy, then you can locate it when you access Jira Administration > Issues > Workflows and access the "Inactive" section to see your previous WF prior to the change.

If you want to revert your WF changes, then you will need to edit your project's WF scheme, and add the original WF back and republish the WF scheme again.

Best, Joseph

Rafael Franco February 5, 2021

Many thanks!!!

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hello @Caio Cavalcanti,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

There are some changes that it’s possible to do on a draft workflow. You can add a status and save it, but then you can’t remove the status if the workflow is active.

I believe you are facing a similar issue from another thread that I answered last week and I added all the steps to copy, edit and associate the workflow. The answer is in Portuguese and since you are from Brazil laugh I will just link the thread here:

Please, take your time to test and let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

@Caio Cavalcanti -

When editing WF, you have to be 1) Project Administator + 2) You may also required to have Jira system admins right.

You also need to find out if your WF is shared by multiple projects or not.  If so, then you will need to have Jira system admins right.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS