Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do i create a priority order with linked issues so when one is completed it triggers another

How do i create a priority order with linked issues so when one is completed it triggers another - So issue A must be Done before issue B is sent to the recipient or shows in there board.  

1 answer

Hi  @Kieran_Laven ,

If you use different issuetypes on all the linked issues in your chain, you can use automation to set it up.

If you use the same issuetypes, you may need something else to trigger it like different priorities, components or any other field and then use Automation for such

Any chance you can give an example for me to test like you did with the other answer - they are the same issue types. 

Something like the below but based on your requirements, linkage and amount of dependencies (issue A, issue B, issue C, ...)

How do i create a priority order with linked issues so when one is completed it triggers another.PNG

Perfect - is there also a way where when the issue is linked its blocked by the next issue linked? 

You can add conditions to the workflow to not allow the issue to transition until the previous issue gets to a status

Like the above :) 

You can use the Sub-Task Blocking Condition or the Parent Status Validator. However these are only for parent/sub-task relations.

Bring up your screenshots of configuration and we can discuss further

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

178 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you