Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i create a priority order with linked issues so when one is completed it triggers another

Kieran.Laven April 29, 2022

How do i create a priority order with linked issues so when one is completed it triggers another - So issue A must be Done before issue B is sent to the recipient or shows in there board.  

1 answer

3 votes
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

Hi  @Kieran.Laven ,

If you use different issuetypes on all the linked issues in your chain, you can use automation to set it up.

If you use the same issuetypes, you may need something else to trigger it like different priorities, components or any other field and then use Automation for such

Any chance you can give an example for me to test like you did with the other answer - they are the same issue types. 

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

Something like the below but based on your requirements, linkage and amount of dependencies (issue A, issue B, issue C, ...)

How do i create a priority order with linked issues so when one is completed it triggers another.PNG

Perfect - is there also a way where when the issue is linked its blocked by the next issue linked? 

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2022

You can add conditions to the workflow to not allow the issue to transition until the previous issue gets to a status

Like the above :) 

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2022

You can use the Sub-Task Blocking Condition or the Parent Status Validator. However these are only for parent/sub-task relations.

Bring up your screenshots of configuration and we can discuss further

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events