How do I use JSON to create an object type with multiple child object types in Insight?

Jacob Olson January 7, 2022

I am using Insight's (Cloud) external import feature and JSON to import the structure of my object types and objects. I have successfully connected to the object schema and imported the structure for multiple object types. 

I have some object types that have child object types. I was able to successfully import an object type with one child, but I have not been able to import an object type with multiple children. When I try to import a parent object type with multiple child object types, none of the children are listed under the parent object type in Insight. Only the parent object type is listed with the other object types and the one object type that has one child. However, my JSON code shows no errors and it successfully runs. I am unsure if I am not correctly writing the JSON, or if Insight has requirements that I am unaware of. 

Can anyone share what I have done wrong with my JSON or the correct JSON syntax for an object type with multiple child object types? Or, can anyone inform me of how this is possible?

I have looked online for other examples, but I have not been able to find anything that I understand yet. I have tried putting another child object type in with the object type and child object type pair that worked, but when I re-imported it the child object type that I added did not show up. I have also tried other JSON syntax that was incorrect and posted errors.

Here is the JSON of an object type with one child object type that worked:

Value ObjectType.PNG

Mapping:

Value Mapping.PNG

Here is the JSON of an object type with multiple child object types that is not working:

Enterprise Architecture Beginning.PNGEnterprise Architecture End.PNG

Mapping:

Enterprise Architecture Mapping Beginning.PNGEnterprise Architecture Mapping End.PNG

Thank you,

Jacob

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders