Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn emails to Opsgenie into alerts?

user July 14, 2021

The goal is to send emails to Opsgenie which would then turn the email into an alert and from that alert it could turn into an incident.

The reason we need to do this is to pretty much have opsgenie scrape the ticket to turn it into an alert because the tickets are coming out as a mess through regular jira service management and theres no way to scrape the tickets any differently on the service management tool.

I am hoping to have emails sent to Opsgenie and then turned into alerts and then turned into an incident in jira service management portal for the team to work on. 

Does anyone know anything about this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Hi Amanda, do you currently use Opsgenie today? The reason I ask is that I think what you’re asking for is the basic concept of how opportunity works. Particularly having emails become alerts. Here is a link to a document that may help with the first phase of this - integrate-your-email-with-opsgenie . Now regarding the idea of creating an incident I haven’t had a lot of experience with Opsgenie incidents as of yet (still learning) but I do know there’s a concept of creating incident rules whereby incidents are created based on alert behavior. This article may be of interest to you as well - automatically-create-an-incident-via-incident-rules 

if none of this is helpful let me know. 😉

user July 14, 2021

Hello! I am new to Opsgenie, but I did have it setup with an integration with email, so that emails go to Opsgenie as per your first link.

As for the 2nd link I am not trying to get the related updates to be incidents under the same incident. 

I am currently trying to get the emails that are sent to Opsgenie to create alerts (which it already does through the integration) and then to create an issue in Jira Service Management as a ticket for the team to work on. I'm not entirely sure that its possible, but the goal is to use Opsgenie generate an alert with the useful information scraped from the email that was sent in and then generate a ticket from that alert in Jira Service management. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

ok. so doesn't this article convey that it is possible to create a JSM issue from an OG alert? Under Opsgenie to Jira a service management integration

I guess I need to go back in and play with it a bit to be honest but I seem to recall I got this to work previously. However I certainly may be mistaken.

user July 16, 2021

That article is the article for what I'm looking for! Thank you! 

I just cant seem to figure out why, even though I set that up, the alerts still arent creating issues in JSM? I configured the integration and the webhook in JSM, but the alerts that come through still dont generate issues in JSM. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events