Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up incoming email into my service desk on-demand?

Josef Karthauser August 6, 2015

Hi,

The docs at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESKCLOUD/Receiving+requests+by+email say I should:

Adding an email account
Open your service desk project and proceed to Settings > Email settings. Turn on email requests by selecting the Turn it on button. Easy enough.
If you're using JIRA Service Desk Cloud (hosted by Atlassian), you will see a default email address based on your site's URL. You can use both this existing email address and a new linked email account for your service desk email channel.

Select Add email account. Choose your email service provider and enter the requested details before selecting Next. 
If you have two-step verification enabled for your Gmail account, you will need to set up an application-specific password.

Where is the 'Settings->Email settings' setting? I can't find it anywhere?

Thanks,
Joe 

2 answers

0 votes
Josef Karthauser August 6, 2015

I found it!

I spent a long time looking for it before, and have no idea why I couldn’t find it before. Very confused.
But, thanks :).
Joe
0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2015

Hello Josef,

On the top of the screen (Header), click on Service Desk, then select a project. (Service Desk project > Settings > Email Settings).

Please let us know if you were able to find it (or not).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events