Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a automated report of total completed tickets for previous four quarters?

Ben Van Walbeek December 30, 2021

I need to set up an automated report on how many tickets a team has completed for the previous 4 quarters and/or twelve months. They should be separated out by quarter or by month.

3 answers

3 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

@Ben Van Walbeek -

In addition to what @Fabian Lim mentioned, if you chose the JQL route, you can save the query as a saved filter.  Once it is saved, then you can subscribe to your filter and get the results of the filter emailed to you on a scheduled time frame (i.e. get email every week on Monday etc).

In the "Issues" >> Search for issues to create your JQL, then save the query.  Once it is saved, click on the "Details" to setup subscription to the filter.

2021-12-30_13-41-46.png

The email will display only 200 issues max, but it will give you a link at the bottom to access the search results in the Jira UI.  In the Jira UI, you can then export the data into CSV/HTML and open it in Excel to generate reports.  

Of course with gadgets on dashboard or other reporting add-ons there are costs associated with them.  Using JQL is free and most everyone knows how to generate reports via Excel.

Lastly, don't forget to update your JQL saved filter with new date values for 2022 and onward as needed.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ben Van Walbeek January 4, 2022

Thank you, I will give it a try. 

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

Hi @Ben Van Walbeek

Look at the details on how you can use the counter gadget: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-count-issues-and-show-it-in-dashboard/qaq-p/1388502

The JQL will be something like "resolved >="2021-01-01" and resolved <= "2021-12-31" (link: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JQL-for-Filter-by-date-range/qaq-p/947641)

Good luck

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Ben Van Walbeek ,

If you are interested in comparing data per different Time periods, you may want to explore eazyBI for Jira app. 

There is an option to see results per quarter, month, as well as have dynamic time filters to filter data for the current year, month or create your own parameter. 
Here is an example from the eazyBI Demo report: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/80614-created-vs-resolved-issues-over-time
eazybi_report.jpg

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Ben Van Walbeek January 4, 2022

thank you, I will take a look at that app. 

Like Gerda Grantiņa likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events