Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove 'no request type' from Request type?

Dorien Reynders March 20, 2023

I defined several issue types (incidents, changes, ..)  and request types (report security incident, report incident) .  

However, the option to pick 'no request type' (see print screen) should not be an option to an agent creating a issue.  

I defined default request types for every issue type, but still this option remains. 

Is there a way to remove/hide/delete the type? Or at least put it at the bottom in the request type list, as a 'last' option?

Kind regard,

Dory

Screenshot 2023-03-20 161825.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Dorien Reynders welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In the back end, check if this is a request type with the name 'No request type' defined and visible in the request types. If yes, you can hide it from the portal.

Secondly, avoid that agents create Jira Service Management issues directly via the Create button. They too need to go via the portal to create an issue for themselves (as a customer) or for someone else (who calls the service desk for example).

If you don't assign a request type to an issue, then the issue won't be visible in the portal (as mentioned in the description of that Request type).

Dorien Reynders March 20, 2023

Thanks for your quick response! So basically: it is impossible. :) 

It is not visible in the Portal. It only applies if you push the 'create' button in your top-menu. Since 'no request type' is the first suggestion in the dropdown and not linked with any request flow, it is prone to mistakes. 🤷‍♀️

A customer cannot ask for a change request within our company. Changes of applications are managed and handled internally (Product Owner). Therefore, not everything can be added to the portal view. 

Kind regard,

Dory

Like Richard N_ likes this
Vincent Cheung April 14, 2023

In your screenshot it defaults to the first available option "Request Change for Existing Application" of your Issue Type - [System] Change.  This behaviour is the same in our project. 

I think the "No request type" is there because when the Issue Type is changed (i.e. [System] Change -> [System] Incident), this "No request type" is being defaulted, until user manually select the proper Request Type after changing the Issue Type.  

I do agree that if this can be at the bottom of the list, it might provide better user experience, or if there is an option to hide it, or even hide other request type we think might not be required.

Like Richard N_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events