How do I prevent Jira description and comment fields converting a full URL to only short hypertext?

Jane Winsor July 6, 2021

When I paste in a full URL into the Description or Comments field of Jira it converts the full URL to only a short hyperlink text.

I want to be able to read the entire full URL without hovering over it.

Example: pasting in this full URL https://subarudrive.com/articles/worlds-largest-roadside-kitsch

Jira converts it to 2 words Subaru Drive

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Jane Winsor ,

Thanks for posting in community.

Please click  - Display URL instead of Display inline. Please find the screen shot below for reference.

Display URL.jpg

Please accept the answer if it solves your query . Else, please respond and let others to share input.

Cheers

Suvradip

Jane Winsor July 6, 2021

Thank you so very much Suvradip!  We have been struggling for a few weeks with this issue.  Your solution worked perfectly.  It worked exactly as you described.  You have saved me so many headaches.  Thank you so much!

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

Thanks @Jane Winsor  for your feedback. 

Cheers

Suvradip

Asako Hosoe January 19, 2022

@Suvradip Paul 
Thank you for the input this helps a lot!
Do you happen to know if there is any way to set  "Display URL" as a default instead of "Display Inline"?
@Larry Bauman 

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2022

Hi @Asako Hosoe , I don't think this is implemented yet though I think there is Jira Card  - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21494, which I think you should check and vote for it so that it gathers more interest and implemented in future.

Please check and let me know if that helps.

Like Asako Hosoe likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events