Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I notify users on the original ticket when a related issue is resolved?

Kerri Shirey January 6, 2022

I have a ticketing system for Customer Support.  When we need to create an issue to resolve the ticket on our development board in Jira Cloud, we want to resolve the ticket but have an automation rule that notifies the user of the ticket when the Jira Cloud issue is resolved.  Is that possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi Kerri,

For what it is worth I would not close the JSM issue. Consider setting to a 'hold' or 'development' status instead. Use Automation to update the JSM issue. With that said, you can add a public comment to a closed issue.

Kerri Shirey January 7, 2022

Thanks Piotr and Jack!  I like moving the ticket to a 'Pending Dev' status, and using a Global Automation rule to a) notify users of release via comment when the Dev issue is 'Done' and b) transition the ticket from 'Pending Dev' to 'Done'.

6 votes
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Kerri Shirey 

You can configure that in several ways:

1. Using legacy automation: Project Settings -> Automation -> Legacy automation
legacy.png

2. Using Global Jira Automation Rule: System -> Global automation (something similar to following):
auto.png

3. Using 3rd party solutions like a groovy script in Scriptrunner.

Best regards,

Piotr

Kerri Shirey January 7, 2022

Thanks Piotr and Jack!  I like moving the ticket to a 'Pending Dev' status, and using a Global Automation rule to a) notify users of release via comment when the Dev issue is 'Done' and b) transition the ticket from 'Pending Dev' to 'Done'.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events