Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map target response and resolution times to ticket priority levels?

Tom langton November 30, 2022

for example a P1 may want to track 1 hour response and 4 hour fix for an incident. A P3 may have 8 hours and 1 week.

I am sure there is an easy answer but not sure I a finding it as easy as expected :)

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hello @Tom langton ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What you want to do is set up Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in JSM.

For each of your issues, you want two SLAs: Time to 1st Response, Time to Resolve.

Your SLA goals are going to be based on the Severity (P1 vs P3), which the SLA will differentiate through JQL.

Documentation is here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-service-level-agreements-slas/

Tom langton November 30, 2022

Many thanks! this does make sense now. It would be lovely to have this configuration by tick/pick boxes but that's me just being lazy. Once setup, hopefully won't need to play with it for some time . 

I see I have 2 SLAs created by default I will just need to configure the existing goals to pick up priorities as per the link you supplied..

Many thanks for the quick response!

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

happy to help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events