Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make comments from linked tickets visible to customers in the portal

Tony Jacob April 25, 2023

I have automation set up so that comments from a linked Jira software project will get copied a Jira Service Management project. This works both ways where the comments made from the customer portal or the ticket itself will get copied into the linked Jira software ticket.  My issue is that even though the comments are duplicated in Jira Service Management, they don't look like they are tagged as "reply to customer" comments so they don't show up in the Customer portal. 

Is there a way to do this so I can have back and forth communication with customers for issues being worked in Jira Software without having to go into Jira Service management?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Jacob April 25, 2023

I was able to resolve this issue.  I recreated the automation logic in the Jira Service Management project vs. previously I had created it in Jira Software.  

From Jira service management, I was able to update comment visibility to "share with Customer" and now I am able to have back and forth communication

1 vote
Thibaut Subra _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

Hello @Tony Jacob 

We have developed an app that will simplify your work if you don't mind using third parties.

With Copy & Sync, you can copy and synchronize tickets between JS, JSM and the customer portal with just one recipe. The main advantage is that the person commenting on Jira Software doesn't need to have a licence to have his comments synchronized on JSM and displayed on Customer Portal.

We have a documentation if you want a quick overview of what can be done, but Copy & Sync can do a lot more.

You can try our app for free (free under 10 users or we have 30-Day trial), feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events