How do I know which portal group the request came from?

Demcode Admin May 25, 2021

It would be useful to know where the customer sent the request from because I have set up the portal groups by identifying the various modules of the platform, eg. "Backoffice" "App Guest", "App Administrator"

thanks in advance for your help

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

There is no way to easily determine Portal group that an issue was raised from. However if you aren’t duplicating request types across groups then you can determine based on the request type which group it came from. 

Demcode Admin May 26, 2021

Hi, the problem is I want to use the same type request on multiple portal groups, for example:

Schermata 2021-05-26 alle 09.59.38.png

Schermata 2021-05-26 alle 09.59.31.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Understood. Unfortunately you won’t be able to determine which group issue was raised from in that case. There may be some add on that provides a means of doing this but I am unfamiliar with them. 

Burak Hancerli November 30, 2021

Thanks for the answer @Jack Brickey

However, I don't understand the logic behind it. Why there's a "grouping" or "filtering" feature while it actually doesn't exist? What are the use cases of "Portal Groups" then? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2021

Simply presentation to the users. I believe there are suggestions to improve the accessibility of groups in JQL.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

Have you tried clicking the History button next to the Comments button?

Demcode Admin May 26, 2021

Hi, yes I have already tried but there is only this info:

created the IssueMay 25, 2021, 5:16 PM

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

I misunderstood, I thought you wanted to know the original request type after someone changed it.

Anyway, as @Jack Brickey said, there is no tracking that I know of for this.

The work around I suggest is to create a custom field where the user selects the group they are in, such as Backoffice, App guest and the like. This could be a Radial button that is required before the form is submitted.

If it's the same request type but different groups, I don't know how this could be automated even with the few 3rd party apps I have used/tried.

0 votes
Inga N October 13, 2021

Have the same issue. Instead of having 1 "Report bug" issue and then attaching it to 5 different groups and getting some info back which portal was picked when bug has been registered, it seems I have to create 5 identical bug forms for each group.

Shawn Giese February 3, 2023

This indeed sounds like the only answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events