Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a transition on a issue status state to automatically update based upon my action?

Stephanie Forman June 24, 2021

I am using a copy of the SUP: Service Request Fulfilment workflow for Jira Service Management workflow in JIRA.  When it was copied the transitions were messed up and now my tickets statuses will not automatically update.  

All tickets come in as Waiting on Support status.  When we reply to the customer with a comment in the ticket we want the status to change to Waiting on Reporter.  And vice versa when they reply back to change back to Waiting on Support.  

How do I create this transition so this status update is automated?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

So ultimately you’re going to need to go into the workflow and edit that workflow and straighten it out. I’m unsure how things: “got messed up”. One thing to keep in mind when you go to edit the workflow is that if that workflow is used by other projects then you will want to make a copy of the workflow rename it and then associate it with your desired project after you edit it. This is so that you don’t change the behavior for other projects.

to add the workflow, as a project admin or Jira admin, click on project settings then workflows and find the workflow for the issue type you’re interested in and click on the pencil to edit. 

Stephanie Forman June 24, 2021

Thanks.  I need to also know how to add the automatic movement of the ticket from one status to another based upon commenting in the ticket.  I'm not sure if that is added via trigger, condition or one of the other two options?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

So below is an example of an older test project I have that uses legacy automation for this purpose. I suspect or rather I’m sure there is a method of doing this with the new automation as well. So you can look at either approach for achieving your goal.

So something is amiss with the Community and I can’t post images so here is the text version…

When this happens...Comment added

If these match...Issue matches:Status = "Waiting for support" AND "Customer Request Type" is not EMPTY

Comment is public

User is not a customer

Comment is primary action

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders