Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a list of statuses that show the associated status id?

Jeremy Guralnick September 13, 2021

I am uploading a csv file where the status field needs the status id to accept each issue without error. Is there a simple way to get a list of the built-in statuses with their assigned status ids?

In advance search I have entered various queries (e.g. status = 1, status =3, etc.) to get some of the status names, but can't find status ids for all statuses in the workflow (e.g. PENDING, CANCELLED, etc.)

4 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

@Jeremy Guralnick -

Welcome to the community.

You can obtain the WF status internal IDs in two ways -

1) Assuming you have Jira Admin rights, then you can access Jira Administration > Issues > Statuses.  You can then hover the "Edit" option under the ACTION column to see each status's ID (The link should show up at the bottom left of your screen).

2) Issue the following REST API call via a webbrower tab - https://<based Jira URL address>/rest/api/2/status.  It will give you a listing of all WF statuses in your system with its ID.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jeremy Guralnick September 13, 2021

Very helpful. Was able to get the Status IDs from your '1' above.

Thanks much,

Jeremy

Like vasanth likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

@Jeremy Guralnick 

Excellent.  Please click on "Accept Answer" button when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Like vasanth likes this
Wolfgang Dumke December 8, 2022

As I am not a Jira admin, 2) worked for me. Thank you @Joseph Chung Yin 

1 vote
Daniel Silverman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2022

A third option is to pull an XML file from JIRA that will show you the IDs for each of the steps. 

Admin>Issues>Workflows, then find the workflow you need, click "View" for that workflow. Then click export to XML.

Florin Bicher March 9, 2023

This one helped, thank you.

A bit of advice for future people - look for the <steps> section at the bottom of the XML file.

Like nick_jurascheck likes this
nick_jurascheck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2023

Thank you to the OP and for your 'bit of advice' :-)

0 votes
Lou-Guardia January 15, 2024

Another option is to go to the table that stores all of the status numbers and names. 

SELECT [ID]
,[SEQUENCE]
,[pname]
,[DESCRIPTION]
,[ICONURL]
,[STATUSCATEGORY]
FROM [prod_jiradb].[dbo].[issuestatus] order by SEQUENCE

0 votes
Victor Toulouse September 6, 2022

None of the above worked for me. I'm not an admin and the API address didn't work.
I found another way:
Open a view that has native filters, filter on status, and get the status ID from the URL.
For example, on the instance I'm working on, it looks something like this:

jira/software/c/projects/<project_name>/issues/?jql=status %3D "To Do"  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events