Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate reports for specific Queues in the Jira service desk?

Melissa Hamlyn September 7, 2022

Hi there.

I am trying to generate reports for individual queues in the JSD -

I have included a screenshot as an example - I would like to know how many breached tickets are for queue "ABC" only - at the moment I get all queues collated when making the report.

I have tried to filter using >project ABC> but as ABC is not a project but a queue it does not recognize the JQL.

When I click on the ABC queue - it lists the tickets but there is no option to generate a report from that screen - I have to go back to the project page that lists all queues to do this.

Thank you.HELP.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

@Melissa Hamlyn -

In JSM, each queue can be based on a specific JQL stmt.  Therefore, when you creating the report, you should use the same JQL stmt that you setup for each queue.

Hope this helps unless I don't understand your exact ask.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Melissa Hamlyn September 7, 2022

Thank you- I'm new to JIRA and did not set up the queues - I'll explain a little differently to help clarify: 

The Project is 'AP service desk'

Our queues are support desks for our clients and are named

NMA

BDC

WAM ( etc)

I used these acronyms in the JQL search eg: project = " NMA" to pull breached tickets for that particular queue but it does not recognise NMA.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Melissa Hamlyn -

Project name and key are not the same as the name for the Queue.

You will need to look into those three queues to identify what JQL each queue is using, afterward use those JQL to establish your custom report for each queue.

Project = "NMA" is not valid because "NMA" is the queue name.

Best, Joseph

Like Melissa Hamlyn likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

@Melissa Hamlyn -

Here are the steps to find out the JQL associated with each queue (in case you don't know how to find it)

1) Go to your JSM project >> Click on Queues

2) Click on your specific queue in question, and then click on the "..." symbol located at the right of the screen

3) Select "Edit Queue" option from the pop-up menu

4) In the UI, you will be able to see the JQL used for the queue (Example below)

2022-09-08_8-35-02.png

NOTE - if you don't see the above JQL display, then click on "Switch to JQL" option to change the query display from "basic" to JQL.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Melissa Hamlyn likes this
Melissa Hamlyn September 8, 2022

Thanks Joseph - that is has been helpful :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events