Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I exclude a specific user from the searchable list in the "Share with" field?

Ted Korba April 19, 2023

We allow customers to share visibility on issues with other customers via the "Share with" or "Request Participants" fields. However, there is one user that we don't want to be searchable on the user picker for these fields. It's the CEO of the company. How can I exclude that specific user from being added on issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Ted Korba I can think of only 1 way to do this, it depends on the specific "Customer sharing" setting you're using, and it may not be ideal.

If you have enabled Customers can search for other customers within their organizations, then you could prevent the CEO from being selected by creating a new organization and making the CEO the sole member of that organization. The downside of this is you can't share an issue with 2 organizations, so the CEO would be excluded from any issues that everyone needs to see.

This won't work if you have enabled Customers can search for other customers within their organizations, or manually enter the email address of other customers within their project or Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events