Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a calculated dimension on a custom field with only...

Gene Sullivant November 17, 2023

that will retrieve only the issues were both members (Correspondent AND Field Retail) exist and not when they are separate or without members that are NOT Field Retail?

Nothing I have read so far explains exactly what I want. I can get all the Correspondent and all the Field Retail but not isolate just the issues with only Correspondent and Field Retail. 

I can get it to work as a Filter but not an eazyBI report. 

Thanks, Gene

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2023

@Gene Sullivant -

For EazyBI question, the best way is to contact the vendor for direct support since it is a third party add-on.  We use the same add-on and I know their technical support staff are great in responding to our ask on dimension design questions.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=support

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilze Mezite November 21, 2023

Hi, @Gene Sullivant 

We received your question and just sent out the solution. I will replay it here as well:

The one option is to have a separate eazyBI account for this project and add the JQL to the Import options to pull in only relevant data.
Please read more about the JQL filter here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira#DatafromJira-JQLqueryfilter

The other option would be to define a new calculated measure with the MDX formula. How to translate the JQL to MDX, please read here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/learn-more/training-videos/training-videos-on-specific-topics#Trainingvideosonspecifictopics-FilterData:HowtoTranslateJQLtoeazyBI

A lot can be done with the Pages in eazyBI. In this case, please consider using Pages, to filter out the project, and for the ""Channels Impacted[Checkboxes]" in (Correspondent) AND "Channels Impacted[Checkboxes]" in ("Field Retail")" part, please use the formula, something like this:

CASE
WHEN
CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Channels Impacted[Checkboxes]]],"") MATCHES ".*Correspondent.*"
and
CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Channels Impacted[Checkboxes]]],"") MATCHES ".*Field Retail.*"
THEN
END

Kindly,
Ilze support@eazybi.com

Gene Sullivant November 21, 2023

Hello @Ilze Mezite 

I was watching your 2019 video. Good stuff. I am slowly reading the documentation but it doesn't cover my unusual scenarios.

I failed to mention that this Project is in Jira Product Discovery.

The Customer wants a report on Issues where Correspondent and Field Retail are mentioned together or with other members but removed from this report if they are by themselves.

Correspondent with Field Retail is good. 

Correspondent with other members is good

Field Retail with other members is good. 

Just Correspondent or just Field Retail by themselves is wrong. 

He wants a second report where Field Retail and Correspondent are excluded but other members are present plus when No Channels selected.

The solution above worked but the single members can't be present. 

I have done reports and dashboards but this one is beyond my current level.

Thanks, Gene

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events