Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automatically input default due dates criteria into Jira?

Rebekah Jolly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2024

On our Marketing team, we created a default timeline process that I want to incorporate into our Jira boards. For instance, developing content should take about 5 days and then after it's sent to design for a new layout, it should be about 4 days. We have a few default timelines that I want to put into Jira so that it can automatically change all the subsequent subtask dates to be in line with those timelines we created. Does anyone know how to do this?

EX: 5 days for new content and 4 days for new layout, so Jira would read that input on a newly created "ticket" and select the due dates automatically under that criteria.

1 answer

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2024

Hi @Rebekah Jolly and welcome to the community,

With automation for Jira you can set the due date when an issue goes to a new status. 

So if you go from Status A > Status B, you can set the due date to x days from now, with a smart value like: {{now.plusDays(x)}}  Where x is a positive number.

It will look something like this.

image.png

For every transition you make a new rule.

I hope this helps,

Rudy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events