Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automatically add other email respondents as request participant

Ben March 19, 2023

Situation: We have people that send an email to our Service Management board, and copy in 3rd parties.

• It is possible the sender won’t be a customer
  • The people who are copied in are likely to not be customers yet.
  • Those that are copied in might be in either the TO box or the CC box

My goal is to ensure everyone in the email conversation (From, To, CC) is included in the request. What is the best way to do this?

1 answer

2 votes
Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

In Jira Service Management, you can automatically add email respondents as request participants using automation rules. Here's how you can set it up:

1. Go to your Jira Service Management project and click on "Project settings" in the left-hand menu.
  2. Click on "Automation" in the "Features" section.
  3. Click on the "Create rule" button.
  4. Choose the "When" trigger as "Issue created".
  5. Under "If", select "All" conditions and add the condition "Current user is not the reporter".
  6. Under "Then", select "Add participant" and choose the "From", "To", and "CC" fields in the email.
  7. Save the rule.

With this automation rule in place, Jira Service Management will automatically add all email respondents as request participants when an email is received in the project. This includes people in both the "To" and "CC" fields, regardless of whether they are already customers or not.

Ben March 31, 2023

Hi @Pankaj JangidI don't have the options you have mentioned in part 5 and part 6. Would you be able to share a screenshot so I can see what might be different? We are only on the Free version if that matters.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events