Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add user as Collaborator on Jira Service Management?

Ines Culibrk September 19, 2022

I understand that you should add a person you want as Collaborator to Jira Service Team - but if Agents are billable, and Collaborators are not how can I choose which role I want for a specific user with in the Jira Service Team?  

Also, can Collaborators log their time on the service tickets in JSM? If not, how can the time be logged on tickets?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

hey @Ines Culibrk ,

A collaborator is not a specific role on a project.

The user in question will actually need a license for another product (such as Jira Software). This user is then granted access to the JSM project through the permission scheme.

So essentially they are able to view the issues (and have limited interactions) but will not see the JSM features (such as SLA/Queue/... ) and cannot be assigned issues either.

Thus Collaborator is a non-agent that has access to the JSM project.

Based on the documentation I do not believe they can log time against JSM issues.

image.png

For me I think they would view/review the tickets and maybe add a comment but then pull it in to their own JSW project where they can work on it.

Ines Culibrk September 19, 2022

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

Thanks for reaching out so quickly!

So essentially, only Agents can use all the features that JSM provides?

And if other users for example developers need to log their time or have other interactions with the ticket, they can do it by eg. coping the ticket to another board where they already have all permissions? Can you share any advice or best practices regarding JSM and service tickets being worked on by different users?

Thanks again!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Indeed, the features  become available when you have a license for the product.

if not, you are limited to a simpler set of permissions/features for that type of project.

Developers should be able to create a linked issue (normally in their own development projects) and then work on that. If they are part of a support organisation where the developers also need to work directly on the JSM issues they need to get a license. 

it's the same the other way around, a JSM agent does not have access to all features in a JSW project.

If a ticket is being worked on by multiple agents then they can of course re-assign it or all log time on the same ticket. You might consider using subtasks then to divide the work a bit.

I did find this feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1240 regarding it. So you might want to vote/follow that one :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events