Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access the approver record on group approvals

Dan W September 2, 2022

I am trying to add the approver from a group approval to the request participants field in an automation the executes after transitioning from group approval to in progress using the approved transition,  so they can track tickets that they have approved.  I have not been able to figure out what the smart value is for this value.

options I have tried

• {{issue.approver groups}} -  returns the group name
  • {{issue.approver groups.approver}} - blank
  • {{issue.approver groups.approver.displayname}} - blank
  • {{issue.Approvers.displayName}} - blank
  • {{approval.approver.displayName}} - blank

Anybody know how to access that customers id?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

@Dan W -

Take a look at the following reference - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--approval--

An possible You may want to setup an Automation triggered at Approval completed, and then add the approver to the issue requested participant action.

Exclusive to the Approval completed trigger:

• {{approval.approver}} - Returns approver’s account id. Can be combined with other user smart values. Learn more about user smart values

• {{approval.completedDate}} - Returns completion date of approval. Can be combined with other date smart values. Learn more about date smart values

• {{approval.decision}} - Returns the final decision of the approval.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Dan W September 6, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin thanks for the info, I have verified we can make this work, just need to verify if we can switch the larger automation from firing on transition and instead to fire on approval.

Sil November 24, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin I am also trying this, however for me this only returns the last person who approved the ticket, rather than a list of approvers. From each group I want to see who approved. 

Do you know how to solve that problem? 

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2022

Hi, @Dan W !

I have an alternative suggestion about approval workflow in Jira, hope, that it will be helpful.

Dan W September 6, 2022

@Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet I don't believe we have a use for your app at this time.  I will keep it in mind for future needs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events