Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access and edit the workflow statuses tab in service desk

Sara Nicholson May 18, 2022

I have done this before and cannot, for the life of me, find where I did this! I want to customize what the status is called in the customer view. I have gone to my service desk and selected "Request Types"

2022-05-18_10h21_18.png

But when I get to that screen there is no Workflow Statuses tab.... and I cannot "select" the Request type I want to modify.... 

2022-05-18_10h22_37.png

I am sure it is me... can someone help :) 

Thanks, Sara

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

@Sara Nicholson -

Hi Sara:

To edit WF, you will need to do the following -

1) Access your project.

2) Project settings >> Workflows.  You can then edit your desired WFs.

NOTE - If you want to change the status name just for a specific project only, then you will need to ensure that the WF that you are editing is not shared with other projects.  If so, you will need to make a copy of the WF first, make your changes, then assign the modified WF to your specific project.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , thank you for responding. I am actually trying to "customize" the name of the status that the customer sees in the service desk. The statuses in my project are fine but I remember I have been able to edit what the customer sees on their view of a request ticket versus what we see on the ticket in Jira. For example, if we are doing internal testing after a code fix has been pushed to a testing environment our internal ticket status says Ready for Testing. The customer's status says "Development in Progress." I have customized the customers' statuses before and cannot find where I can edit these in Service Desk (service management). 

Hope that explains better what I am trying to do. 

Sara

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

@Sara Nicholson -

OK.  You will need to access the specifics request type form, and then click on the "Workflow Statuses" tab to change it then.

2022-05-18_10-34-37.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

Hope this helps.  If my update helped you.  Please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

0 votes

I found what I was looking for. I had to click on "edit fields" for the request type I wanted to customize the status names on. 2022-05-18_11h39_48.pngAfter doing this I could see the workflow statuses tab and was able to change the names of the statuses the customers see in their tickets. Hope this helps someone else. 

2022-05-18_11h41_58.png

Thanks, 

Sara

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events