You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
My team currently has Jira Service Management configured in a way such that the customer only interacts through email. We are evaluating giving customers portal access but we are running into several questions around the customization and configurability of the portal.
1. From the customer view of the portal, is there a way to remove the filters and search ability in the table of requests? I would prefer it to just be a list of all tickets the customers are a participant on, sorted by the ticket ID. This is to reduce complexity by not letting the customer see request types, etc.
2. Are there other templates (to change the layout, stylings, fonts, colours, etc.) provided by Jira? Or alternatively a way to upload a template we create?
3. Can the URL of the service portal be changed? We do not want the domain to have "atlassian.net" in it.
4. Having each portal numbered sequentially in the URL (eg. servicedesk/customer/portal/1, servicedesk/customer/portal/2, etc.) is not ideal. Can that be changed?
5. Can the "Powered by Jira Service Management" footer be removed from the portal?
Welcome to the community. Please see my responses below -
I am assuming that you are referring to the Requests UI (see below). Unfortunately, you cannot remove Request Type filter in the UI. However, if you the Jira/JSM admins, then you can control the result column listing - please see this link for details - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-columns-in-your-customers-requests-list/
The issue sortings are something that your customers can do for each result column and cannot be locked down.
I am not aware of other templates out of the box. Here is how/what you can customize your portal looks and feels - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-can-i-customize-about-the-help-center/
There may be 3rd party paid add-ons that you can use to assist your effort by search the Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/)
As far as I know of, currently it is not possible. You may be able to setup reverse proxy or URL redirect from Jira. There is an existing ask on providing the functionality for URL customization - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1627
Again, the numbering is controlled within the application env and cannot be changed.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Please note the folks providing suggestions are community members (not part of Atlassian), so I would recommend you to raise your concerns of the products directly to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) directly.
Community members are just users of the products.