Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we set a a custom customer support page while creating a project by api

Stakater SRE _ 1 January 18, 2021

Hi,

We are using this api endpoint to create the project on Jira Service Desk.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-post 

We want that whenever our new project is created, the customer support page corresponding to it should be the one that we have specifically created. Is there someway we can do this? Moreover, is it possible if we could edit the IT service template and whenever a new project is created than this edited version of the template is used. The default shows too many options and we don't want to use that.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hello @Stakater SRE _ 1 ,

I believe you already got an answer on this in the other thread you have created:

However, let me try to summarize and add more details:

At this point in time is not possible to create service desk project templates. However, we have a quite old feature request open in our system for this (JSDCLOUD-191) that has been recently updated with below text:

a620038e6229Jehan Gonsalkorale added a comment - 27/Nov/2020 4:53 AM

Thanks for all the comments here. I think you all raise very valid points and would love to better understand this so we can better understand how we could solve this. 

If you are available for a 45 minute interview, I'd love to talk to you about this over a video call. Please click here to schedule a call: https://calendly.com/jgonsalkorale/project-configuration-interview

Naturally, if you have other JSM related feedback, I'd be more than happy to discuss that with you too. 

Kind regards,

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

I am not sure what is the current status, but you may want to try to get in touch with @Jehan Gonsalkorale (if still possible) in order to discuss this.

As a workaround, as already suggested in the other thread:

You can create a project's configuration using the shared permission to a new one via using this API.

/rest/project-templates/1.0/createshared/{projectId} 

however, I'm not certain that will copy a Portal's configuration.

Finally, I am not 100% sure I understand correctly what you mean when you ask if it is possible to assign some specifically created customer support page to the project using the API. 

Are you asking if there is a REST API endpoint you can use to assign an already created Customer Portal (from another project) or a KB article to the new Service Desk project you just created or anything else? Please clarify.

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes
Stakater SRE _ 1 January 25, 2021

Is there any update on this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin