• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can we set a a custom customer support page while creating a project by api

Hi,

We are using this api endpoint to create the project on Jira Service Desk.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-post 

We want that whenever our new project is created, the customer support page corresponding to it should be the one that we have specifically created. Is there someway we can do this? Moreover, is it possible if we could edit the IT service template and whenever a new project is created than this edited version of the template is used. The default shows too many options and we don't want to use that.

2 answers

Hello @Stakater SRE _ 1 ,

I believe you already got an answer on this in the other thread you have created:

However, let me try to summarize and add more details:

At this point in time is not possible to create service desk project templates. However, we have a quite old feature request open in our system for this (JSDCLOUD-191) that has been recently updated with below text:

a620038e6229Jehan Gonsalkorale added a comment - 27/Nov/2020 4:53 AM

Thanks for all the comments here. I think you all raise very valid points and would love to better understand this so we can better understand how we could solve this. 

If you are available for a 45 minute interview, I'd love to talk to you about this over a video call. Please click here to schedule a call: https://calendly.com/jgonsalkorale/project-configuration-interview

Naturally, if you have other JSM related feedback, I'd be more than happy to discuss that with you too. 

Kind regards,

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

I am not sure what is the current status, but you may want to try to get in touch with @Jehan Gonsalkorale (if still possible) in order to discuss this.

As a workaround, as already suggested in the other thread:

You can create a project's configuration using the shared permission to a new one via using this API.

/rest/project-templates/1.0/createshared/{projectId} 

however, I'm not certain that will copy a Portal's configuration.

Finally, I am not 100% sure I understand correctly what you mean when you ask if it is possible to assign some specifically created customer support page to the project using the API. 

Are you asking if there is a REST API endpoint you can use to assign an already created Customer Portal (from another project) or a KB article to the new Service Desk project you just created or anything else? Please clarify.

Cheers,
Dario

Is there any update on this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

170 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you