Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we identify that the agent use which transition

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan December 14, 2022

Hi,

How can we identify that the agent use which transition, I have multiple transitions from one status to another status? 

4 answers

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan 

If you would be interested in a mktplace solution, you can try out our plugin,

Time in Status Reports 

The add-on provides the time in each status for the entire lifecycle of the issue.

The report below shows the status changed and by whom and when.

Disclaimer : I work for RVS, the vendor for this app

TIS - Status Transition Details.PNG

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan 

I can also suggest the Issue History for Jira add-on from my team. It will help to check status transitions for the list of issues in one report. 

You can define the project, sprint, assignee, etc., and choose the date range to filter issues.

status change report.png

You can check if it can help in your case. There is a 30-day free trial.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan ,

in addtition to @Joseph Chung Yin answer, please check conditions at workflow level for each transition in order to verify who can execute them.

Fabio

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

@Muhammad Moazzam Hassan -

If you are asking for who (i.e. agent) conducted the issue WF status transition, then you can just access the "History" tab under each issue's Activity section.  In the tab, it will display all the actions that took place against each issue including WF status transitions with who conducted the action.

2022-12-14_22-31-34.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan December 14, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

I don't want the agent name I just want to know that agent uses which transition so I can make decision on that basis.

Regards,
Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Jira Administrator at Euronet Pakistan

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

@Muhammad Moazzam Hassan -

From the History tab, you will be able to find that information.  However if you are trying obtain a report on which agent selected which WF transition, then you will need to develop you own REST APIs customization to iterate through all of your issues to generate the results.  There is no out of the box functionality without custom development to obtain that type of info.

Can you provide more details on what exactly and reasoning that you are asking?

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events