Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we expose "Time to resolution" = completed() & breached() to customers?

Kyle Roberts-york March 4, 2021

Hi Community,

We have set up a number of 'Dashboards' which have been shared with our customers.

The dashboards have a range of 'gadgets' to pull through data such as the number of incidents raised over a 13 month period, incidents broken down by category and severity, etc. 

However, our customers have raised an issue whereby they are seeing 'Error - Invalid JQL' on one particular gadget when using the following:

"Time to resolution" = completed()

"Time to resolution" = breached()

image001 (11).jpg

The (Invalid JQL) error only seem to appear for our customers as we're unable to see the error, so doesn't appear to be the JQL itself - See below, same dashboard, same gadget:

Capture.PNG

Anyone come across this before or know how we go about exposing the TTR functions to our customers as I assume this is a permissions issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

@Kyle Roberts-york  , i am curious to know how you have given the dashboard access to the Service Desk customers :) 

And the SLA are currently not available to customers via portal. see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-325  (says affects cloud also)

May be that is related and the code to change it needs could make the SLA info available to customers in JQL.. 

Hi Fazila, 

Thank you for your response to this query.

See my comment above about how we give our customers access to dashboards. 

We don't want to display the actual SLA to our customers - however, I suspect this is maybe entwined in the permissions somewhat but will be good to confirm to know for certain.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Kyle Roberts-york 

Yes, The SLA information is available for use only to users with Agents license.

See the description of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-853 

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

I have never seen that error. However, might I inquire as to how are you sharing a dashboard with a  "Customer". Maybe you have given them a license to your Jira instance?

if they have a license can you then login as that user and navigate to the dashboard and observe?

Hi Jack,

Firstly, thanks for your response.

That's correct, our customers have access to specific Jira projects (product backlogs and other software (related) projects) so they have a license to our Jira instance.

I can log in as them but I just see the same error but unsure as to why 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events