Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i make the project ticket number appear on a form?

OAure
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2022

in a project we set it up so that some issues require forms, others do not. The forms are sometimes exported to pdf and sent to customers. if they bring the form back to us with questions i'd like to be able to quickly reference the encapsulating ticket associated with the form. So i'd like to add the ticket number to the form if possible. Currently we are creating  a separate number for each form, but i'd love to automate the process to reduce error. anyone have any ideas for a budding amateur?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2023

A form can't contain the issue ID when creating a new issue, because the issue ID only comes into existence as the issue is created, after you fill in the form.

After it exists, it's an irrelevance in the form, because the form belongs to it already, and can be seen in the issue view.

0 votes
Duc Anh Le June 30, 2023

Hi @OAure I am running into the same issue today. Were you able to solve it or find a workaround? Thx

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events