Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i delay a escalation transition in workflow till SLA breaches?

Nazir Kabani July 6, 2021

Hi All,

I am new to Jira (month's experience), apologies in advance for asking question which is not everyone's requirement.

I am building a service request workflow with escalation status transition from waiting for NOC (pre acknowledgement state) and in progress (under resolution). This escalation status can by transition by customer. I want to delay this transition till ticket is within Time to respond and time to resolve SLA. Customer can transition to escalate only if these SLAs are breached. (attaching workflow for better understanding).

Can anyone help me with solution to achieve this? 

Thanks in advanceEscalation workflow..PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2021

@Nazir Kabani 

This is what I would recommend.  On the transition, I would add a condition that would only allow service desk team members to see that transition.  This makes it so the customer can not select it in the portal.  

Capture.PNG

You can then use the SLA to trigger an automation that would automatically use this transition to escalate the issue.

Nazir Kabani October 17, 2021

Thanks Brant.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

@Nazir Kabani 

There is not really a way to prevent a user from transitioning an issue in the workflow until an SLA is breached.  You could always prevent certain users as a whole from using the transition.  Then have an automation that would run and escalate the issue after the SLA is breached and give the automation permission to transition the issue.  This would prevent all users but would automatically transition the issue on SLA breach.  

Nazir Kabani October 14, 2021

Thanks Brant from replying,

I also figured out in last 3 months that this is not possible. I could build really nice email alert, using smart values like is SLA breached or not and how much SLA time is left, when user clicks on escalation. but we works with demanding customers and most of them clicks on escalate transition immediately after creating tickets. 

I would love to see time delayed option to allow certain transition to control frequent escalations.

Thank you for your reply on this as i almost forgot that i also opened question like this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events