Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i configure the jira cloud default web server ?

Karell August 23, 2021

Im having some trouble with the mails servers configuration. Im trying to enable "Adding commentary to an issue" mail handler but, i mistakingly erased the default mail server configuration. I would like to know what configuration I should use so that users can reply to address "jira@XXXX.atlassian.net" in order to add a comment to their request.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

Hello @Karell ,

How long ago did you delete the mail server, and what steps did you take to do so?  As the option to delete the Default Cloud Mail Server was removed 09/Jul/2018 as part of the following BUG and it should no longer be possible to do so:

However, If you have deleted the default mail server you can re-add it with the following settings:

1. Navigate to HTTP://<YOUR_BASE_URL>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/IncomingMailServers.jspa
  2. Select "Add incoming mail server"
  3. Give it a name and description, select custom: 
    1. Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 10.29.24 AM.png
  4. Add the following values:
    1. Protocol: POP (Secure)
    2. Hostname: Default Cloud Mail Server
    3. Username: jira@<YOUR_BASE_URL>.atlassian.net
    4. Password: The password can have any value.
    5. Port Number: Leave blank
    6. Timeout: 10000
      1. Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 10.37.47 AM.png
    7. Select Authorize

Also, some additional details on mail server configurations can be seen in:

Regards,
Earl

Karell August 24, 2021

Hello @Earl McCutcheon 

I deleted this server last week actually. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the steps that led to this result. Sure enough, reading this bug report you directed me to, it wouldn't be possible for me to be able to remove the server from the list. I also tried to add the server with your method. However, when I try to add the server with your procedure, I get an error message. I joined a screenshot of the previously mentionned error.

DefaultCloudMailServer.png

The interface is in french, but its mostly the same. Is there anyway to see the error log ?

Thanks for helping me !

Karell

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2021

Hi @Karell ,

My mistake I looked at the settings again and I had crossed some details from the Workaround noted in the BUG's workaround with new settings and you need to have the option following options updated:

1. Hostname: Default Cloud Mail Server
  2. Manually set Timeout to 10000 rather than leaving it blank to go to the default

Regards,
Earl

Karell August 24, 2021

Hi @Earl McCutcheon 

I tried the option you suggested and its still not working. When im creating my mail handler, and testing it, im getting this error message.

ErrorMessage.png

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2021

Hi @Karell ,

We will need to dig into this one in a bit more detail and see what is going on in the system back end,  as noted previously the option to delete the mail handler should not have been possible so it sounds like there is a new bug occurring here.

I created the following Support request on your behalf so we can get some additional details, and the Cloud support team will reach out shortly:

Please visit the link to access the support request and verify the case details are correct, and add in any additional details that you have on the scenario.

Regards,
Earl

Morgan DUBUISSON October 19, 2022

Hi @Earl McCutcheon  ,
I have the same error.
Is it possible to know if @Karell  has found a resolution? (JST-687145)

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2022

Hello @Morgan DUBUISSON ,

Thanks for reaching out.  In the previous case the error was unique to the instance and required a 1 off solution that may or may not apply to your scenario, so to get to the root cause of your error we will also need to do some digging in the instance logging to find out what happened to fix this for you.

Looking at your account I see that you are on mutiple Jira sites so I don't want to accidentally create a request on your behalf for the wrong site,  Also do not post any of the private details here as this is a public forum, and is therefore visible to anonymous users.

So for follow up can you go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and create a support request for the site that is experiencing this issue and reference this community thread as well as include as much detail on the error in your description as a reference point for the support team to get started tracking this down for you.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events