Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a customer insert images into custom fields?

Dominik Meier September 9, 2022

Hi community

Initial situation

I have created a custom multiline text field. After that I set the renderer to "Wiki Style Renderer". Now I am able to insert text as well as images into this text field.

Problem

However, this only works in the backend of Jira Service Management. As soon as I want to enter a ticket as a customer, it is not possible for me to insert text and images into this field. In the renderer, the icon for images is also missing: 1.png

However, if I then edit this text field as an agent in the backend, I can insert images:

2.png

and these will then also appear in the frontend for the customer in this field:

3.png

How can the customer use the field as well as the agent? In the comments you can also insert text and images as a customer:

4.png

Is there a special permission that enables it?

Thanks

Dominik

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi,

As a @Mark Segall wrote it's a native behavior.

You, as a user using issue view, can add attachments to the text fields (if you have proper permission). In the case of customers who have access only to the request view, they can add images as attachments (in the Attachment field or during adding a comment to the ticket). Unfortunately, you can't modify it. I also don't know any apps on the Marketplace which can solve this problem. 

Best regards,

Kate

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Dominik Meier - Unfortunately this is native behavior.  The portal only offers a simplified user experience.  The only way to get images on the portal is to attach them.

0 votes
Dominik Meier September 11, 2022

Thank you for your reply. It's a pity that this does not work.

Admin bk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2023

Hi @Dominik Meier  did you got any solution on this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events